Monday, May 11, 2009

Living life until the end.

To begin, I would like to take the time to thank everyone that reads this blog and has waited patiently for me to write another. Yes, it has been some time since my last entry. The reason: I was wrapping up the last touches to my debut novel and needless to say, that took up a lot of my time. But I'm very proud to report that as of 27 April 2009, my novel "Choices" has been published and is now available on Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble. com, etc. I'm also proud to report that I've actually sold a few copies.

That brings me to the topic of this weeks blog. Just five short years ago, I sat down at my computer to write. Nothing came. My life was in shambles. I was greatly depressed and felt like a failure and a fraud. Why you might ask? Because my marriage of eighteen years was over. I was losing my family. My wife informed me that she wasn't happy and didn't want to be married anymore. Nothing I said or did could change her mind. We were over! After months of her planning her new life (without me) her and I sat down with our children and gave them the news. I must admit, after that encounter the rest is a blur. I really don't have great recall over what transpired next as far as time goes. I just know that at some point she moved out and my kids went with her. Shortly thereafter I moved into a room in a friends home with a day bed, tiny microwave and tiny fridge. Not that I couldn't afford better digs, I guess in retrospect, I was punishing myself. Besides did I have the right to live lavishly as a failed husband and a terrible father. I know that I wasn't those things in my heart, but that didn't stop me from feeling that way nonetheless.

You may ask, why am I sharing this with you? Because someone, somewhere will read this. Maybe a man or even a woman and they are sitting just like me in front of a computer screen feeling like they aren't worth two plum nickles because another person stopped loving them. They might feel like a complete failure and a fraud. (Just like I did.) But I'm living proof that all you have to do is keep living and believing in God Almighty and HE will deliver you from the evil. God has a purpose for all of our lives. (Whether you believe it or not.) By staying rooted in faith, even when everything looks fake. I tell you my friends, HE will come through.

Five years later, I sit in front of another computer screen, happier than I've ever been in my entire life. I'm remarried to a woman that loves my dirty socks, I have a great career, recently returned from a trip to India and Dubai (two places I've never visited before) and I've fulfilled a life-long dream of becoming a writer. And guess what? My relationship with my kids is rock solid. They don't see me as a failure or a fraud.

Life may not always go as we would like it to. Life will give us success and failure. Life will pick up up and drop us down. Life will wear some of us out. Life may be too short. Regardless of all that and more....keep living, keep loving and live life until the end.

No comments: